Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

We have a problem - another installation with same table prefix exists!

Hello everyone.  I'm completely new to osTicket, PHP, servers, and making all of those things work together.  I have, somehow, gotten most everything to work properly.  I checked the database and the tables are populated with ost_(something) entries.

The issue I'm having is that when I try to run osTicket, it goes straight to the installation page and when I enter information I get the error in the subject line here.  If another installation exists, why is it automatically sending me to the installation page instead of a login page?  This is osTicket 1.8 with all of the newest other software.  Apache 2.4, PHP 7, MySQL Workbench 6.3.

Thank you very much for any help!

Comments

• I think that it's likely that your problem is that osTicket is not compatible with PHP7 at this time.

• So the + in "PHP5.3+" means plus only a little?  Lol.  I would like to get confirmation of this and if it's true I'll try to downgrade my PHP.  Any idea who I should contact to find out?
  • edited July 2016
    What do you require confirmation of?  That we do not support PHP7 yet?

See

and

The low requirement is also 5.4 now and we reccomend 5.6. I don't think that the system requirements has been updated in some time.
  • That's exactly what I needed.  Thanks!  I'll try downgrading to 6 to see what happens.
  • I'll leave this thread open, please let me know how you make out.
  •  con la version 1.7.3 de xampp 

funciono sin problema el osticket 
  • @ti_itc if you have experiencing an issue please start your own thread, and post your system information, and what your problem is.  Also 1.7.x is not longer really supported you should upgrade.
  • Hello.  Sorry for the delay.  I went on vacation.  Anyway, I just installed PHP 5.6 and tried it again and I got the same error.  I changed the prefix and tried again and the "doing stuff" window came up for a while, then I got the following:

[CREATE TABLE `ost2_filter_action` (
    `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
    `filter_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
    `sort` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default 0,
    `type` varchar(24) NOT NULL,
    `configuration` text,
    `updated` datetime NOT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
    KEY `filter_id` (`filter_id`)
    ) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8] Can't create table `fdusa`.`ost2_filter_action` (errno: 22 "Invalid argument")

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in J:\Apache24\htdocs\OSticket\setup\install.php on line 52

Any ideas?
  • You have a maximum execution time set to 30 seconds.
    The script took longer than 30s to execute so it killed the process.
    PHP docs: http://php.net/manual/en/function.set-time-limit.php
  • Well that gave me a different error: core: Error parsing SQL schema! Get help from developers (#4)

There's also writing at the top of the page which says this:

[CREATE TABLE `ost_filter_action` (
    `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
    `filter_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
    `sort` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default 0,
    `type` varchar(24) NOT NULL,
    `configuration` text,
    `updated` datetime NOT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
    KEY `filter_id` (`filter_id`)
    ) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8] Can't create table `fdusa`.`ost_filter_action` (errno: 22 "Invalid argument")

Looks like the same stuff as before.  I just have no idea what it means.
  • the SQL is trying to create a db table.  My guess is your DB user doesn't have CREATE permission on the DB

• Now it's giving me a different timeout error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in J:\Apache24\htdocs\OSticket\include\mysqli.php on line 192

I can't find which line that is or what I'm supposed to change.
  • You changed your max_execution_time in your PHP config and restarted Apache?
  • Heh..."restarted Apache".  I did not.  So now it runs without timing out, and I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strtoupper() in J:\Apache24\htdocs\OSticket\include\class.i18n.php on line 477
  • Your PHP has the mbstring extension enabled?

Admin panel -> Dashboard -> Information
  • osTicket is working!  I don't know about mbstring, but maybe it's not required?  Thank you very much for your help!  If I have issues, I'll be sure to post again.