Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Building an edit button for modifying Ticket Details after a ticket has been submitted.

Hi folks,

I'm interested in building in an edit button for Agents so we can scrub data from the Ticket Details field when needed. Anyone have some insights on how to do this? I just want the functionality to remove text, so we wouldn't need anything fancy. Does anyone know if this is part of the front end or is that data locked down in the backend database?

Cheers,
Jordan

Edit: I suppose I should mention we're currently running v1.9.12 (stable) in a windows environment.
Tagged:

Comments

• I cannot tell you how to implement something like this, but this feature will be coming out with the release of 1.10.  So I imagine you could look at the beta to figure out how to implement it.. or wait until 1.10 is released.
  • edited August 2016
    We have to wait, we're a mental health provider and my boss doesn't want to deploy 1.10 in beta.  Any idea how close 1.10 is to a release? Thanks for the super quick reply! =)
  • I work for a similar company, so I can understand that. :)

Q: Any idea how close 1.10 is to a release?
    A: When the devs decide its stable enough to release.  (Which I realize is not a very useful answer.)
  • Better than no answer. Thanks! =D
  • Very welcome. :)