Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Active Directory plugin clarification

Apologies if this isn't in the right topic.
I've installed the LDAV/Active Directory plugin, and have added my details to it. I want to use only AD, not anything else. I've checked both boxes, so staff and users can use it. Yet, when I create a new ticket and type a name, I don't get the person. I thought this plugin would pull all accounts from AD and implicitly make them users on OST? Did I misunderstand, and this just lets people create user accounts by signing in with their AD credentials? I'm on OST1.9.14. I can't find the version number for the plugin, but I installed it only a few weeks ago. Thanks.

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Have you created your accounts?
    Did you set a working search user?
    What are you searching for them by?
  • The AD server has been running for years and is used for all our computer logins, so the users there have been created and work. Users in OST: no, as I thought they would be automatically pulled in from AD once the two started talking.

A search user? I'm not sure what that is, but I gave it the username and password of the login for the AD server.

I'm searching by name and by username (our scheme is the usual first initial and last name, as in jsmith). Neither brings up any results.
  • I think that you need to Import your users from AD to osTicket.
  • I didn't know I had to import, I thought connecting the two would use AD as a pool of users. If I do have to import, how do I do that? I haven't seen that option anywhere on the plugin page. Thanks.
  • Agent panel -> Users -> Import
  • Thanks, but I see only copy/paste and upload. There's nothing about Active Directory that I see here. Also, if a user is added to AD when s/he starts working here, or if someone leaves, would those changes be reflected in OST because of its connection with AD?
  • Correct. Once you import your users, they will be able to use AD to authenticate.

Q:Also, if a user is added to AD when s/he starts working here, or if
    someone leaves, would those changes be reflected in OST because of its
    connection with AD?
    A: No. But the user would no longer be able to Authenticate against AD if their account was disabled in AD.
  • Okay, I think I get it. I need the names (by which OST means usernames, like jsmith, I presume) and emails. Once those are in the system, users log in using their same username and the password set in AD. Do I have this correct?