Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Empty directories with Filesystem storage plugin

Hello,

Im using osTockets 1.9.14 in an hosted web account. To take care of the size of my database, I installed the filesystem-storage plugin about attachements and all seems to be OK from the osTickets side since the attachments are well uploaded and well available/downloadable from each concerned ticket.

But, what trouble me is that I don't see any file (unless ".keep") in my attachments directory. Instead, I see a serials of single letter subdirectories (see attached screenshot). I guess it's not the expected behavior and this seems to be confirmed by a thread like this one http://osticket.com/forum/discussion/78288/attachments-on-the-filesystem-no-files-appear, but why ? This thread of 2014 doesn't finish with a solution but with an acceptation of the situation.

Is it a known bug (even if non-fatal since the attachments are well reachable through osTickets)? Do you know a typical fix?
Tagged:

Comments

• After you installed the Storage :: Attachments on the Filesystem plugin... did you migrate your attachments to the filesystem?  Because installing and configuring and enabling it does not move your attachments.
  • edited September 2016
    Yes, I did it and it created a lot of empty directories. Then, I thought it was an error and I changed back the settings to database, then I disabled the plugin, changed the pointed directory (to restart from a clean one) and re-enabled it before to set the settings to use it again. On first ticket with attachment I then taken a look at the folder and it was with empty folders as per the screenshot I attached above.

Well, but I can't compromise this support desk wich is a production one about a commercial software at launch stage... So, I switched back to database and I'll do my test beside with another install when I'll have more time...

Thanks for your hint