Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

How to link to ticket details by ticket number?

Hi,

In short: how can I link to an osTicket ticket details page with an url that has the ticket number (not ID) as input?

Explanation: I'm in the process of linking several of our systems (Gitweb, Gerrit, Bugzilla and osTicket) together. All of them have the option to automatically change a string "bug 123" into, for example, a hyperlink to our bugzilla database. I also would like to do that for osTicket tickets. So, I want to replace the string "Ticket #123456" to a url that links directly to the ticket details page. But I don't have the ticket ID, just the ticket number, so I cannot use the standard ticket details url.

Assume the person clicking the url is already logged in, so authentication is not a problem.

Thanks a lot,

Roel
Tagged:

Comments

• 1.9.5 is really old I would suggest that you upgrade.

If you have the ticket number and you are writing scripts... you can look at the ost_ticket table and look up the ticket id with the ticket number.

SELECT ticket_id WHERE number='fauxTickeNum';
  • Ok, so I have to do the lookup myself. That's okay.
    Thanks!