Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] Post Reply = 30 seconds of waiting

Hi.
For some reason it has begun taking aproximately 30seconds to post a ticket reply from our control panel.
The same goes for new ticket creations through the control panel.
At most times it takes 30 seconds, and a "success" message is shown.
Other times say 1/10 it goes to a blank screen instead.

Im unable to determine where the cause lies - but can say that a test mail from Osticket is posted "instantly" without delay.
Any help much appreciated - thanks.

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

Version of osTicket?
    Server information?
    Email setup?

As a side note: blank screens mean a PHP error and you should consult your PHP error log to find out what the error is.
  • Without any more information this is a stab in the dark, but we had similar problems at one time while our ticket system was hosted on a managed server (shared hosting) and the provider only allowed smtp via their own local smtp-server (see here for more info). This server was also shared by all their clients and if traffic was high it took longer to send and could even lead to a timeout.

So from the description it matches your problem but no idea if the setup is the same. Could easily be something else.
  • Thanks a lot, and first off my apologies - i should know better than posting sparesome information and then ask for help :).

I am running my Osticket on a Windows server with Xampp installed.
    osTicket Version v1.9.12 (19292ad)
    Web Server Software Apache/2.4.17 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.2d PHP/5.6.14
    MySQL Version 10.1.8
    PHP Version 5.6.14

I fetch emails from a Office365 Exchange Mailbox throug POP, and send E-mails through my ISP SMTP server. 

Thanks for both answers, @rotelocke - if i run a SMTP diagnostic in Osticket, the e-mail is sent instantly.

My e-mail setup has been the same through time, but i must admit that i have made changes to the redactor-osticket.js to remedy a problem with "Unable to save draft"

@ntozier, the blank screen only happens periodically - i will make sure to check the log straight away next time i see it.

I know it is a lot to ask for free help for this, does OSticket offer any paid support with for instance a remote session to analyze my environment ? 

• 1.9.12 is a few versions out of date. (1.9.15 is the current version in the 1.9 tree, and 1.10 has been released.)  You might want to try updating. While I'm not sure updating will help with your issue, it could and would be the first thing that I try.  I would also do some testing using an email client on the server to time sending email through your ISPs email server and see what was going on there.  I would also turn on MySQL slow query logs and see if anything gets logged.

I dont think that any changes to Redactor would result in a slow down like you are mentioning.

osTicket does offer Commercial Support, although honestly I know nothing more about it than that they offer it.  More information on that is here: http://osticket.com/commercial-support
  • Thanks for the help.

I Upgraded to 1.9.15 without any changes to post time.
    A upgrade from here to 1.10 has solved the problem.
  • Awesome.  So should I mark this as resolved and close it then?
  • That would be just perfect, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.