Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver

Hi

I've try to update my helpdesk from 1.9.14 to 1.10 on local pc and I've black page.
When I've to enable show error I see that is a problem of smtp.

you can disable the function e mail osTicket, in order not to have this problem in the process of local test (wamp server)

Thanks

Comments

• Sorry I've insert this to bad section

Thanks
  • Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

Actual error?
    PHP version?
    email setup?
    a black page?  Well thats a new one to me.  A white page means that there is a PHP error being thrown.
  • Sorry for bad thread.

My php version is 5.6.16
    The error is "Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\wamp64\www\osticket\include\pear\Mail\mail.php on line 153"
    I cant configure php mail because I dont exit to web (firewall) and I would find a way to turn off the email since it is on local

Thanks

• edited November 2016
    If you cannot configure PHP with your mail server information then you will need to configure SMTP.

Admin panel -> Emails -> your email -> and configure the Sending Email via SMTP