Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Can't Setup SMTP

osTicket Version : 1.9.14

I just want to setup a SMTP first, since we just want to send out e-mail at least. Once setup the SMTP and save, will show up the following error.

Sending Email via SMTP     
Failed to connect to corpmail1.xxxxxxxxxx.com:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Connection timed out (code: -1, response: )]

But I sure this SMTP can be use, because our printer also using this for scan to e-mail function and it is OK. No need to authentication. Anyone can get me suggestion?

Comments

• Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

The hint here is "Failed to connect socket: Connection timed out".
    This means that the connection failed, and it timed out instead of connecting.
    This could be caused by a firewall on your system.
    You would want to consult your fire wall logs. If your running SELinux you might want to shut it off and see if that helps.  Same with mod_security.
  • @ntozier

Do you suggest shutdown the SELinux if the server only for osTicket? Since I find out some error in SELinux troubleshooter, but still can send mail though SMTP.
  • I would not recommend shutting off firewall security software.  You should be able to make rules that will allow things to work. (note I do not know a whole lot about SELinux such as hot to write rules as I do not use SELinux.)
  • @ntozier

Please Close this case first, but I still don't know the reason why can't use SMTP. Every thing is as same as the printer. Let me try it first. Thanks your suggestion and support. :)