Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

osticket hang-up

Using osticket 1.9.4.

Sometimes osticket stop working, there is no access to the panel possible. I have check the logs and found in the mysql slow query log:
# Time: 161111  9:57:18
# User@Host: osticket[osticket] @ localhost []
# Query_time: 1213.263497 Lock_time: 0.000163 Rows_sent: 0 Rows_examined: 837077
SET timestamp=1478854638;
SELECT DISTINCT COALESCE(B1.ticket_id, B2.ticket_id, B3.ticket_id, B4.ticket_id) FROM (
SELECT object_type, object_id, MATCH (search.title, search.content) AGAINST ('Neue Bestellung' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AS `relevance`
FROM `ost__search` `search`
WHERE MATCH (search.title, search.content) AGAINST ('Neue Bestellung' IN BOOLEAN MODE)
) `search` LEFT JOIN (select ticket_id as ticket_id from ost_ticket
) B1 ON (B1.ticket_id = search.object_id and search.object_type = 'T') LEFT JOIN (select A2.id as thread_id, A1.ticket_id from ost_ticket A1
join ost_ticket_thread A2 on (A1.ticket_id = A2.ticket_id)
) B2 ON (B2.thread_id = search.object_id and search.object_type = 'H') LEFT JOIN (select A3.id as user_id, A1.ticket_id from ost_user A3
join ost_ticket A1 on (A1.user_id = A3.id)
) B3 ON (B3.user_id = search.object_id and search.object_type = 'U') LEFT JOIN (select A4.id as org_id, A1.ticket_id from ost_organization A4
join ost_user A3 on (A3.org_id = A4.id) join ost_ticket A1 on (A1.user_id = A3.id)
) B4 ON (B4.org_id = search.object_id and search.object_type = 'O') LEFT JOIN ost_ticket A1 ON (A1.ticket_id = COALESCE(B1.ticket_id, B2.ticket_id, B3.ticket_id, B4.ticket_id)) LEFT JOIN ost_ticket_status A2 ON (A1.status_id = A2.id) WHERE ((A1.staff_id=5 AND A2.state="open") OR A1.dept_id IN (1,5))ORDER BY `search`.`relevance` LIMIT 500;
It seems to block all other processes. While this happens I run "show processlist;" and it shows:
63933 | osticket | localhost       | osticket | Query   | 1192 | Copying to tmp table         | SELECT DISTINCT COALESCE(B1.ticket_id, B2.ticket_id, B3.ticket_id, B4.ticket_id) FROM (
All other queries wait to get table lock. What can I do to prevent this hang-up?

Comments

• 1.9.4 is really old.  I would urge you to upgrade to at least the latest in the 1.9 tree (which is 1.9.15), or the current stable which is 1.10.  There have been a lot of database changes and optimizations and efforts to speed things up and changes to how osTicket accesses and questies the database.
  • sorry, wrong version numer, I am running 1.9.14
  • Can you clone your existing site and upgrade the clone to 1.10 and see if that fixes the problem?
  • Same problem here in 1.9.4, i will try the upagrde in few day.
    Please note some ppl in 1.9.13 seem have this problem too :
    http://osticket.com/forum/discussion/comment/108960/
  • Hi , I had upgraded a snapshot of my osticket system from 1.9.4 to 1.10.
    This seem to solve this performance issue for me
  • edited November 2016
    Upgraded, too. First I thought it is gone, but even have trouble with 1.10. Will make a new post in the 1.10 category.