Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

HTTP ERROR 500

Hi,
after installing with osTicket success of Windows I wanted to try out Ubuntu 04.16 LTS. I followed the steps but I always appear HTTP ERROR 500.
Thank's'

Comments

• Version 1.9.15
  • Your thread is bereft of details.  Environment details with versions, PHP and Apache errors, followed what steps, etc.

Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.
  • ok, sorry
    osTicket Version 1.9.15
    PHP Version 7.0.8-0ubuntu0.16.04.3
    I follow this step:
    Extract OST ZIP File

Open the extracted file and navigate to upload folder, then copy all the files to /var/www/html

sudo chown -R your-ubuntu-username:www-data /var/www/html

cp /var/www/html/include/ost-sampleconfig.php /var/www/html/ost-config.php

chmod 666 /var/www/html/include/ost-config.php

mv /var/www/html/index.html /var/www/html/index.html.orig

chmod -R g+s /var/www/html

find /var/www/html -type d -exec chmod 0755 {} \;

find /var/www/html -type f -exec chmod 0644 {} \;

Restart server Apache

when I Type http://192.168.x.x/setup/ appears HTTP ERROR 500

• I dont run ubuntu... but is www-data the user Apache runs as on it?

Whats this about?
    mv /var/www/html/index.html /var/www/html/index.html.orig
    Is this getting rid of a default distro (index.html) file?

I'm not seeing any PHP or apache logs.
    I dont see anything about MySQL. Or mysql user and db creation.

• I follow this link to setup osTicket on ubuntu 16.04: https://chubbable.com/osticket-install-guide/2#ubuntu-based

This is the error in the log file :

[Fri Nov 18 07:59:28.832983 2016] [:error] [pid 29690] [client 192.168.2.145:48964] PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class Error, because the name is already in use in /var/www/html/include/class.error.php on line 0

• Step 6 of your 3rd party authored instructions say "If you fail to complete this step, you end up running through *Error 500** when accessing the frontend." so my guess would be that something that was done in that step was done wrong, or the instructions were wrong for your version of Ubuntu.  

Or it could be that the same instructions you linked say to purge PHP7 (Step 2) and you didn't...
  • @Gian666  You use the wrong PHP-Version. PHP 7 is not supported. You have to use PHP 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 or 5.6
  • Ok, thank you all. I used php 5.6 and it works.
    Another question. Is there the possibility of having a language translation software?

Thank you very much
  • Q: Another question. Is there the possibility of having a language translation software?

A: Download language packs and install them.
    Click on Language Packs.

note: The multilingual feature is not 100% done at this time, but will get most things.

• Thank you!
  • Very welcome. :)

Should I close this thread and mark it resolved?