Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Limited data preview (one of many organizations)

Hello,
one of our partner would like to see all tickets (open and closed) of Organization X (and we have many organizations in DB).

I created a test agent account with a dedicated group and department. When I'm logged into this account I see the tickets of Organization X, but I also see a list of all users and organizations. When I click on any user I see a list of all his tickets. It is not desirable for safety reasons and regarding to data protection.

Is it possible to configure the agent account in a way that sees the tickets of one organization, and can not see all users and organizations in DB? Or maybe it's possible with an user account?

Our osTicket version: 1.9.7 (4be5782)

Thank you in advance for any advise.

Comments

• In this case I would think that you would create an User account, and make them a member of the org.

Agents are allowed to see all that information (this may have changed in more recent versions, but I do not use Organizations in osTicket and haven't checked).
  • Thank you ntozier.

I created an User account and made him a member of Organization. In Organization settings I checked the User as Primary Contact and also checked the option "Add to all tickets from this organization" for Primary Contacts.

After that when I'm logged on the User account I still can't see any tickets of the Organization (as Admin I can see 13 tickets created by other users of the Organization - 2 open and 11 closed).

Is it possible to configure the User or Organization account to let the User see all tickets of the Organization?
  • Doing what you describe does not grant access to historical tickets.  It only grants access to new ones.
  • And can I do it in some other way to give the User access to historical tickets? Maybe directly in database I can manually change date of creating of user account or date of his joining to the Organization?
  • There is probably a way to do that at the database level... but It's not something that I've ever tried to do.