Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Recommendations for K12 Resources

I'm just getting into osTicket, installed it today and just got LDAP working a few minutes ago. My workflow will be basically multiple technicians across several K12 schools within my district. There will be a few different "buckets" for Tier 1, Tier 2, Installation ect. In addition, I need to be able to report what tickets are at what building and have the ability for every agent to work the tickets. Has anyone implemented something like this that can give me some advice on how to get started? I'm fiddling now with the settings to see how I should structure the data. 

Comments

• I think that you could easily add a custom field (list) with a selection that the person opening the ticket has to answer (required) called Location.  And the list would be populated with a "list" of locations or buildings.  We do something similar here.

As far as reporting goes though, the Dashboard would probably not suffice.  forum member @scottro has a report mod that he sells (cheaply) that you could install. to help with the reporting aspect.

If you need more information or have more questions than this please let me know.
  • Yea I think it would be a deal killer if I couldn't sort by location. Would "department" work instead?
  • I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by your question.  

If your asking if the dashboard can break things down by department then the answer is sorta yes.  There are three tabs under the graph: Department, Topics, Agent.
  • I just meant could I use "Department" as surrogate for "Location (AKA School)". I'll have to do some more fiddling to see if it does what I want
  • You could, and its not a bad idea at all. :)  Unless... you think that the maintenance/janitorial department, or other departments at your school want to use the ticket system for their workflow also.

Then you might end up with:
    1080 Education Blvd - Maint
    1080 Education Blvd - IT
    1080 Education Blvd - Library
    1080 Education Blvd - Admin
    122 Learning Ave - Maint
    122 Learning Ave - IT
    122 Learning Ave - Library
    etc

Does that make sense?
  • It does thanks. I had been off this as I was waiting to see if management wanted to push forward. Having problems adding basic users. Going to set another thread!