Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

HTTP Error 500.52 - URL Rewrite Module Error

I'm running OST 1.9.8 on Windows Server 2012 R2, IIS 8.5.

I have 1 copy of OST 1.9.8 on the web root folder (\root\), and then a modified copy of OST 1.9.8 (for mobile use) on a sub-folder (\root\mobile\).

While running the root-folder version (\root\) of OST is fine, I hit an error "HTTP Error 500.52 - URL Rewrite Module Error" when i load the modified OST in a sub-folder (\root\mobile\).

I found that if i remove the "web.config" file from the sub-folder (\root\mobile\), then this modified OST will run OK.
However, i'm not sure there will be any other impact if i just complete delete this file from the sub-folder version of OST.
Just run the sub-folder version briefly and it seems to be OK.

I have used these 2 versions of OST in Linux server, no such error.
Why it only occurs in Windows server?

Anyone can advise please?

Comments

• If I remember correctly on that version I (which was a while ago) I had to delete the web.config to get it to work also.  Although that was pre my migration to IIS 8.5 so I presumed that it was an IIS 6.5 issue.  Good to know that it was the provided web.config and not the server.