Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Items getting deleted in knowledgebase

I have (windows command-line) commands in the knowledgebase for technicians but the common "<" and ">" get removed when you go to edit the next time (on editor load).  Is there any tricks to keep these or do I need to just change what characters I'm using.  I'm guessing this is thinking they are invalid HTML tags??

Comments

• Try using ANDgt; ANDlt; where AND is the & symbol.
    Alternatively you could try switching to the code view and typing he character there and saving.
    I think that your correct re HTML.
  • Yes!  Thank you @ntozier !  Works like a charm!
  • Very welcome. :)
    Which one worked for you?
  • I thought it was working... :(

Here is an example (I am using the ampersand instead of the word AND)

this: ping ANDlt;IP ADDRESSANDgt; (in HTML)
    saved in HTML mode : only shows "ping"
    changed back to wysiwyg before saving as expected but disappears when going back into edit.

What is funny is I can save that code (ANDlt;) in wysiwyg and it shows the code in the KB.  But when I hit edit it shows in the editor as expected. :)

I am running 1.9.14 and I have the js in the footer that translates ticket numbers into links.  Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

It is not that big of a deal though. I can substitute the symbols.  No biggie.  Thank you for the quick reply!!!