Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Migration to AWS

2»

Comments

• Thanks for the help, will let you know how it goes, probably I'll have more questions :)
  • So, I've came a long way since the previous post.

First, the issue described here was with my dump, I had to include --hex-blob option to import it right later at AWS.
    Then, I've installed osTicket 1.10 latest release, imported the database, and on the first upgrade screen, the upgrade failed.

So, I've reverted to another solution, and that would be to install 1.7.0 that I already have on Windows. So, again, I've found 1.7.0 online, installed it, imported the DB once again (I read that the DB is changed during upgrades, so I've reimported the dump from my 1.7.0 version) and that one worked, and I had all my tickets and all of my settings. Then I proceeded to install latest 1.9.15 release, upgrade went well, and everything was swell, but one thing, and that was e-mail fetching.

I can send e-mails, but it cannot fetch them. Cron job is there, set up to run every 2 minutes with /usr/bin/php/var/www/html/osticket/api/cron.php
    Since that version didn't work for me, I proceeded to try to update to 1.10, and the update went fine, but the problem is the same.

When I manually cron.php, I get the following as a mail to root, in /var/spool/mail/root

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Unable to index content' in /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.search.php:621
    Stack trace:
    #0 /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.search.php(516): MysqlSearchBackend->__index(Array)
    #1 [internal function]: MysqlSearchBackend->IndexOldStuff(NULL, Array)
    #2 /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.signal.php(98): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.cron.php(110): Signal::send('cron', NULL, Array)
    #4 /opt/osticket/upload/include/api.cron.php(19): Cron->run()
    #5 /opt/osticket/upload/include/api.cron.php(40): CronApiController->run()
    #6 /opt/osticket/upload/api/cron.php(23): LocalCronApiController::call()
    #7 {main}
      thrown in /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.search.php on line 621

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Unable to index content' in /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.search.php:621
    Stack trace:
    #0 /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.search.php(516): MysqlSearchBackend->__index(Array)
    #1 [internal function]: MysqlSearchBackend->IndexOldStuff(NULL, Array)
    #2 /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.signal.php(98): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.cron.php(110): Signal::send('cron', NULL, Array)
    #4 /opt/osticket/upload/include/api.cron.php(19): Cron->run()
    #5 /opt/osticket/upload/include/api.cron.php(40): CronApiController->run()
    #6 /opt/osticket/upload/api/cron.php(23): LocalCronApiController::call()
    #7 {main}
      thrown in /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.search.php on line 621

This is the snippet of that code:

$sql = 'INSERT INTO `'.TABLE_PREFIX.'_search` (`object_type`, `object_id`, `title`, `content`)
                VALUES '.implode(',', $queue);
            if (!db_query($sql, false) || count($queue) != db_affected_rows())
                throw new Exception('Unable to index content');

I didn't try e-mail fetching in 1.7.0 so I don't know if it's broken right from the install, but the thing is that the fetching doesn't work for us currently on 1.7.0 on Windows, since we use Office 365, and we need to run additional SM
  • and we need to run additonal SMTP service on the same Windows Server host, and I would like to get rid of that and just let Office 365 deal with our messages. Seems that that one works in 1.10, since I can send e-mails without any issues, I just cannot fetch them.

Thanks in advance!
  • Sorry I have never used AWS so I dont think that I can really help you with this.  Maybe someone else who has can.
  • Well, this isn't an AWS issue, it's an app issue with upgrading the application from 1.7.0 to 1.9.15 and then to 1.10 :)
    Just tried the clean 1.7.0 install on different AWS instance with my DB dump, and fetching works, so something in the upgrade process from 1.7.0 to newer versions is killing this one for me. And I wouldn't like to stay on the older one, seems way way much slower.

• edited December 2016
    Mate, don't get me wrong, I am glad you're trying to help, but you're not reading my posts at all :)

First, Office 365 works for me on my on premise Windows, IIS, MySQL with osTicket 1.7 - on that one, I fetch with IMAP + SSL, port 993, but I send through my SMPT relay that runs under IIS 6, since for sending it cannot use Office 365 as relay. When I try to use Office 365 as an SMTP server directly, I get TLS errors.

On AWS, with Linux, Apache and MySQL, osTicket version 1.7, I have the same situation, fetching works through Office 365, sending requires an SMTP relay or connector on Office 365, which I would like to eliminate.

But, when I upgraded my version on AWS to 1.9.15 and then later to 1.10 final, my e-mail fetching stopped working. SMPT through Office 365 works, but I want to make it both work. And these exceptions, I already c/p before with error in /opt/osticket/upload/include/class.search.php on line 621, Unable to index content

So definitely, update to 1.9.15 from 1.7.0 broke my e-mail fetching feature, and then the update to 1.10 didn't help it either (but it solved e-mail sending without smtp relay). Google didn't help me much with this error at all, that's why I posted it again. I don't have issues with Office 365, or anything in that direction