Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] Tickets not showing up

Hello all,

I have searched the forum, but I cannot figure out the right words to search for to find an answer to my particular problem.  If this has already been discussed, my apologies.

I just set up my system yesterday; I have opted to host myself.  I have created 5 different tickets and only two of them ever came through... one of them was the initial setup ticket.  I can see the tickets in the database, but they are not displaying on the web.  What could be going wrong?

As you can see from the screenshots, The database shows 5 records.  I have only closed 2, I should have 3 open.  But nothing shows, even when I click the CLOSE button, it still doesn't show anything.

Comments

• From your images.
    974745 and 119355 are status 3.  I would presume this is closed?
    585418, 748663, and 144910 are status 1.  I would presume that this is open?

974745, 119355, 748663, and 144910 are assigned to department 1.
    585418 is assigned to Department 3.

Does your account have access to either Department 1 or 3?
  • edited December 2016
    My user has full access.  I should be able to see everything.
    I think Department 1 was the default Support.  I made another department called Helpdesk since there are only 3 of us, which I am assuming is Department 3.  All tickets should be default to Department 3 now.
  • Ahh.... I figured it out!

It was a departmental thing.  I had made the new department "Helpdesk" and could not see the "Support" tickets.  When I changed my status to "Support", I could see the tickets then.  I turned myself back to "Helpdesk" and gave myself Extended Access to all the other departments with Full Access rights.  Now I can see everything.  I am sorry for not picking up on this earlier.

It was your comment about having access to the different departments that got my brain thinking in a different direction.  Thank you!
  • "My user has full access.  I should be able to see everything."
    If this was the case, then wouldn't you see all the tickets?

If you go to Admin panel -> Agents -> Departments
    you can mouse over the departments or click on the departments and see the id (end of URL) for each one.

You can also go to each department and make sure that you are listed under the Access tab for that department.

If you go to Admin panel -> Agents -> Agents -> You can see what department you are a member of.

I think that you will find that you have less access than you think you have.
  • Yup, you were correct.  Thank you for your help!
  • Very welcome. :)
This discussion has been closed.