Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Lookup User dropdown menu not visible

Hello,

I recently updated to 1.10, and now the user dropdown is not showing in any of the search panels in the Admin section.  We are not able to create a ticket for an existing user or change the assigned user on an existing ticket.  The behavior is the same on our production environment (iis6, php5.4) and our dev environment (iis7, php7.0).  The PHP version was initially 5.4 on the dev environment (matching prod), but I upgraded it to 7.0 to see if it was a PHP version issue. However, the problem remained.

Prod:
osTicket Version: v1.10 (901e5ea) — Up to date
Web Server Software: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
MySQL Version: 10.1.11
PHP Version: 5.4.45

Dev:
osTicket Version: v1.10 (901e5ea) — Up to date
Web Server Software: Microsoft-IIS/7.0
MySQL Version: 10.1.11
PHP Version: 7.0.14

Comments

• I've don't think that I have ever seen a "user drop down" in osTicket.  So I have no idea what you are talking about.  Can you provide a screen shot of where and what you are looking at?

Also I think that 1.10 requires PHP 5.6.  Are you running any plugins?  Do you mean user search?
  • I thought I attached a screenshot but it's not showing up in the thread.  I'll try again.

What I'm referring to is when you start typing a name, email or phone number in the "Change User" or "Lookup or Create a User" dialog when creating or altering a ticket, a list of matching users will appear below the search box.

Does osT require 5.6 exactly or 5.6+?  I have upgraded to 7.0 on my dev environment and am experiencing the same issue there.
    changeuser.png
    580 x 317 - 18K
  • You didn't answer my all my questions.

Q: Are you running any plugins?

Have you tried searching for their email or username?

Q: Does osT require 5.6 exactly or 5.6+? 

A: I pretty sure that it requires 5.6+ [it might only be 5.5+], although it seems that php7.1.x breaks things.  Support for 7.0.x was introduced in 1.10.
  • The only plugin I am running is ldap-auth. I just disabled it and the drop-down has returned. 

I had seen in another ticket that in 1.10 broke ldap-auth, and that the user search box was only returning local users, but no LDAP users.  It appears in my case it was causing no users to be returned at all. Thank you for your help.