Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

HTTP based auto registration problem

Hi,

I updated my osTicket instance to 1.10 and I thought, that everything is ok, but today I realized, that auto creation of user based on HTTP and LDAP plugin just doesn't work anymore...

Auto login of existing users works without any problems and adding new works too. If user will go to login page and login once... Someone has this issue ?

I checked my old instancy and its working there, but I switched to newest one and backing to old one with old database will be very "no cool"

Comments

• Sorry I'm not sure that you are talking about.  Can you provide a screen shot?

Did you apply this fix?
  • edited December 2016
    ok, so everything works for me with one exception:
    If user is already in osTicket database, then auto login works (user don't need to provide login or password). The problem is when new user in AD want to login to osTicket first time, it's fail...

When I had 1.9 version, osTicket created for me new user account in database in a fly (user wasn't aware of this) and now in new version, new AD user must to go to login page and login once and then he is available to login automatically, so I probably mess up something or need to change something in login.php ?

I will edid mentioned changes in ajax file tomorrow.
  • Are you creating the users in osTicket (either by exporting from AD and importing to osTicket, or manually)?

Because what you are describing sounds like how it works for me on both my 1.9.x and 1.10 installations.
  • I just installed new osTicket. Updated database with provided update script and that's all... I changed nothing... In old version (I still have snapshot) user created in AD can automacialy login and don't need to register once...
  • While that is your experience... that has never been my experience until I created their accounts by syncing my AD with osTicket.
  • edited December 2016
    so your users need to register with their login and password once or your osTicket internal database is synchronized with your AD ? and how u did that ? You did something at all to obtain this ?

I have 2 plugins (LDAP and HTTP) and small script in Index to redirect and open Login.php from this forum. This worked for me without problems for like 2 years.... and this script is working because users are redirect and auto login if they already have account in internal database.
  • Q: so your users need to register with their login and password once or your osTicket internal database is synchronized with your AD ?
    A: Yes.

Q: and how u did that ?
    A: I wrote a script.

Q: You did something at all to obtain this ?
    A: Yes I read a forum post by @Chefkeks
    While I can't remember which thread it was (he wrote a bunch) it boiled down to his github repo he shared:
  • edited December 2016
    If I'm correct, then I have only this in my old modified Index:

<script type="text/javascript">
    window.onload = function() {
            var login = new XMLHttpRequest();
            login.open('GET', '/helpdesk/login.php', false);
            login.send(null);
    };
    </script>

and this works good and no changes in login.php.... so what did the work for me lol... 

New AD user can login, but need to write login and password first in login.php...
  • Same situation for me... Everything worked fine in 1.95, when upgraded to 1.10 I can't login with http passtrough and ldap plugin (http error 500) and also registration of new AD users will not populate the list...
    I followed this post for configuring it in 1.94:
    http://osticket.com/forum/discussion/85225/ldap-ad-automatic-registration-of-clients-users-on-login
    maybe it's the possible cause?
  • Your 500 is probably connected to bad browser setup or kerberos setup on server. In my opinion we have two different problems and probably we messed something when updating

...but still we need help
  • I don't think so, no changes in browser configuration and IIS access for windows autentication.