Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Problem with the scp folder.

Hi all,
I just wonder if there is a simple way to rename the scp folder without broke the admins console? 

The problem here is relies on some kind of validation that my hosting do over the url, and because scp is a linux/unix command, the server blocks the url.

So, I already rename the folder to adm but all the links are still directed to scp.

Any ideas???

Thak you in advance.

Comments

• Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

Also who is hosting your site?
  • edited December 2016
    Ups, really sorry, in the image is the information of the osTicket installation.
    The hosting is 2mhost
    sysinfo.png
    945 x 729 - 53K
  • You would have to rename the directory.
    Then you would have to go through every file and replace scp with the new name.
    A quick search on github reveals 54 results.

I am not sure if that would work, but it will be interesting to hear back if it works right.
  • edited December 2016
    Most likely a solution would be to use symbolic link + apache URL Rewriting rule (more about it here), but it will require some tinkering with configuration files :) No guarantees that it would work though, have never tried it.
  • Ok, just to give you some update about this matter.
    The only way that I could find to rename the folder was the option proposed by ntozier.
    I use a text editor that supports project management. Create a project with all the site files and made a search all over the files looking for the string 'scp'. The result, 74 files modified in some part of the code, and 2 files renamed (scp.css and scp.js).

I don't really like this workaround because I'm pretty sure that in upcoming updates I will be facing issues updating. So, with the help of the 2mhost support team, we are looking for some solution to fix the problem. I'll keep you posted.

Regards.