Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Add "Department" field to user account

Hi,

It's my first time posting here and I would like to ask for assistance on which codes need to be modified so that I can add a "dept_id" column on "ost_user" table. Also, I need to have it shown on when adding/editing a user.

osTicket Version: v1.10 (901e5ea)
Web Server Software: Apache/2.2.29 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.29 OpenSSL/0.9.8zf
MySQL Version: 5.5.23
PHP Version: 5.5.23

Your kind assistance will be appreciated.

Comments

• You do not need to change any code to modify your database.

You would have to modify code to get the new column to display anywhere in osTicket however.  And how to do that would really depend on where you want it to display.  Which you haven't relayed to us.
  • Thanks for the reply ntozier.

The department field is not yet present on the "ost_user" table. And I tried adding a custom field (department) to the "Contact Information" but it's not saving. I would like to know on what files should I modify.

Again, many thanks!
  • Users do not have departments, so I have no idea what and where you would need to change to give them departments.
  • I tried adding the "department" as a custom field to the "Contact Information" but still it doesn't save.

Screenshot #1: Setup of "Contact Information" Form

Screenshot #2: Contact Information on "Manage User" Form

Screenshot #3: "ost_user__cdata" table
  • Any help on this? Thanks!