Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Create and update a ticket through API

Hello!

I know it is possible to create a new ticket through the REST Api (http://tmib.net/using-osticket-1812-api), but I cannot find any information on how to update a ticket through API.

What I am trying to achieve is to integrate osticket into a custom CRM, so that users could browse and create/update tickets through the CRM, without going to osticket site. I've already done reading, by simply browsing the SQL database of osticket, but updating doesn't seem that simple. 

Is it even possible through an API? The only way I could think of is to sign in to the mailbox osticket is configured to use to and manually put "fake" e-mails from customers there, so that osticket could consume them next time it will be run.
Tagged:

Comments

• "but I cannot find any information on how to update a ticket through API."

That's because the ticket open API is only for opening tickets.  There is no way to update a ticket through the open ticket API.

Q: s it even possible through an API?
    A: Yes, but you would have to write your own API to do it.