Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Limit ticket access to ONLY assigned tickets - using 1.10

Hi,

we updated our installation to 1.10. Now I am trying an old issue. We would like to use osticket like this: First level members for project A have access to all open first level tickets for project A... AND they have access to closed first level tickets for project A.

I thought 1.10 would have the possibility to customize like this? Any ideas?
We used "Limit ticket access to ONLY assigned tickets" - but then closed tickets aren't accessible.

I tried to use a customized search (see https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket/issues/1724)... Closed tickets are counted after customized search, but not accessible.

Alex

Comments

• Agents only have access to tickets that are: 
    • assigned to a department they have access to.
    • assigned to a team they have access to.
    • assigned directly to them.
    Make a department of team for Project A - Level 1.  Assign tickets to that department.
    Give level 1 agents access to that department.
  • Hi ntozier,

Thanks for your reply. I don't understand exactly. With the help of your configuration... what would happen after closing one ticket? Can the agent who closed this ticket have access (and colleagues, too...)? I don't think so?

Kind regards

Alex
  • Assuming that the ticket is still in the department that the user has access to yes they still have access to it.