Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

%{ticket.thread} not working / How to get the ticket thread into agents response email?

I have following response/reply template body:

Dear %{recipient.name},

%{response} 

%{company.name} IT-support,
%{ticket.staff}

-------------------------
%{ticket.thread}

But the ticket thread is not expanding. Other variables work fine.
If you click the "Supported Variables" link on the response/reply template edit window, it says there that %{ticket.thread} is an expandable variable. On the other hand, it is not mentioned on the wiki pages. So I am not sure if it is really supported or not.

If %{ticket.thread} is not supported then how can I configre my response templates so that the whole ticket thread is printed below the latest response?

Used versions are:
Server Information
osTicket Versionv1.10 (901e5ea) —  Up to date
Web Server SoftwareApache
MySQL Version5.6.35
PHP Version5.4.45

This is fresh installation out of the box, no mods or plugins etc installed.
Thank you for your support!
Tagged:

Comments

• So it's not working because... that is not a variable in osTicket.

These are:
    %{ticket.thread.original}
    %{ticket.thread.lastmessage}

But %{ticket.thread} is not.

Q: how can I configre my response templates so that the whole ticket thread is printed below the latest response?
    A: You cannot.  This is not a feature in osTicket.
  • Good to know. I used %{ticket.thread} because it was on the online help. Do you know where can I find the complete up-to-date list of all possible variables?
    Those two you mentioned are not in the wiki: http://osticket.com/wiki/Email_templates
  • The only list I know of is at:

I don't update the list any more since 1.10 introduces type ahead variables.