Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

osTicket, auto assignation by account

I am evaluating osTicket for a company who repair printers.

When company's customers need support, they have to log in osTicket to open a issue.

First, they have to be able to select one device id (or serial number) of their broken printer. For this, I will need to populate the relation id_device-account in somewhere. Then they will select the kind of issue and will apport other datas.

After the issue was saved, the system have to assig that ticket to a technician (for this I will need to populate a second list with the relation between staff-memebers and accounts).

Where can I define these lists with relations (device-account and staff-member-account) and how can I performed these automations?

Thanks in advance and regards, Gonzalo

Comments

• If this is possible it would be done with Ticket Filters.

Admin panel -> Manage -> Ticket Filters.

I'm not sure that can be done though.
  • Thank you ntozier, filters can be used to trigger automations? What event can be manage?

On the other hand,  custom lists looks very interesting to include products serial numbers but I need to create a relation with accounts. Could be possible?

Regards,
    Gonzalo
  • Admin panel -> Manage -> Ticket Filters.
    Go take a look. :)
  • edited February 25
    ntozier.... I checked Ticket Filters... I will use it to re-assign ticket. Thank you.

In order to guide how users complete ticket form, I want to include to each user a list of his company's serial numbers. To do this... I did a custom list and a custom form with this list and I included it into a new organization but its users don't see my list in web ticket form. What I doing wrong?

Regards,
    Gon
  • If you want users to see it in the ticket you have to add it some place that the users will see it.  (one of the built in forms or a help topic)