Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Client ticket view modification

I have gotten several requests from end users asking if I could add the Help Topic to the Client side ticket view. This because users can see all the organizations tickets and would like to learn from/help with those tickets. But at this time they can't easily see which device the tickets are for, making it a hassle to find the interesting ones. Adding help topic to the overview would solve this.

Here is what I am trying to do:

I have been looking at \include\client\tickets.inc.php. I can figure out how to add a column, but I cannot figure out how to properly populate it.

Anyone willing to help me with this?

As for the versions I'm running, I am running the Custom-Queues branch.

Server Information
osTicket Version1.8-git (?)  Upgrade— 901e5ea is available
Web Server SoftwareApache/2.4.17 (Win32) PHP/5.5.37
MySQL Version10.1.13
PHP Version5.5.37

Cheers!

Comments

• This: 1.8-git (?)  is not a version.
    This: 901e5ea tells me that you are not running 1.10. Please upgrade to 1.10 stable.  You should not be using DPR or RC versions in production environments. 

• yes yes, I know I know.

But regardless of the version I'm running, I don't believe there has been any recent changes to the client side ticket view or how it works?

I did have a look at that discussion and some others, but they all seem to be about the staff-side ticket view, not the client side.
  • The link that @ntozier provided talks about modifying the ticket list on the staff-side, 
    by modifying \include\staff\tickets.inc.php

Did you think to try applying the same information by modifying include\client\tickets.inc.php?