Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Double ticket creation (web) when customer reloads "thank you" page

Please fix this bug asap as it makes us run into trouble.

When a customer created a ticket via web and refreshed/reloads the "thank you" page it creates new tickets.
This way we have several tickets for the same thing with different numbers.

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Bug/Issue reports are made at github.  I would be surprised if there wasn't already an issue report and a fix for it there.
  • I searched for it but didn't find any. The only one that comes close to it has a comment that this should be asked in the forums, hence I asked here.
  • It creates the following DB error when this happens:

[INSERT INTO
    `ost_session` SET `session_id` = 'vhm5nkxxxxxxxxxdge7ju254',
    `session_data` =
    'csrf|a:2:{s:5:\"token\";s:40:\"66byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy\";s:4:\"time\";i:1481234552;}',
    `session_expire` = NOW() + INTERVAL 86400 SECOND, `user_ip` =
    '1.2.3.4', `user_agent` = 'Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)']

Duplicate entry 'vsdasdasdasdasdas254' for key 'PRIMARY'<br />

<br />

---- Backtrace ----<br />

#0 (root)/include/mysqli.php(204): osTicket->logDBError('DB Error #1062', '[INSERT INTO `o...')<br />

#1 (root)/include/class.orm.php(3133): db_query('INSERT INTO `os...', true, true)<br />

#2 (root)/include/class.orm.php(597): MySqlExecutor->execute()<br />

#3 (root)/include/class.ostsession.php(216): VerySimpleModel->save()<br />

#4 (root)/include/class.ostsession.php(158): DbSessionBackend->update('dddddd5jjv372q...', 'csrf|a:2:{s:5:"...')<br />

#5 [internal function]: SessionBackend->write('ddddddddd372q...', 'csrf|a:2:{s:5:"...')<br />

#6 [internal function]: session_write_close()<br />

#7 {main}
  • MySQL is reporting Duplicate entry 'vsdasdasdasdasdas254' in the table ost_session.  I would delete the duplicate and then try logging in.
  • Deleting the dublicate is not the problem, it's rather a problem that it can create double tickets.
    When submitted via webinterface it should "forbidd" to create new tickets through refreshing the page (that is what triggers creating a new ticket).