Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Dockerize osticket

I have up and running osticket v1.9.14. I want to Dockerize this osticket application with existing database, but it has some issues. Here's what i got so far

• Created mysql database container:
1. Created image with following Dockerfile tagged mysql:osticket:
FROM mysql 
COPY osticketdev.sql /tmp/osticketdev.sql
RUN mysql -u root -p osticketdb < /tmp/osticketdev.sql
2. Run with 
docker run --name ost_mysql -e MYSQL_USER=osticket -e MYSQL_PASSWORD=password -e MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=root_password -e MYSQL_DATABASE=osticketdb -d mysql:osticket
  • Created web server container:
1. Created image with following Dockerfile tagged php:osticket:
FROM php:5.6-apache
RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y libc-client-dev libkrb5-dev libpng-dev && rm -r /var/lib/apt/lists/*
RUN docker-php-ext-configure imap --with-kerberos --with-imap-ssl \
    && docker-php-ext-install imap && docker-php-ext-install mysqli && docker-php-ext-install gd
COPY osTicket-1.9.14 /var/www/html
RUN chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/html/
COPY custom_php.ini /usr/local/etc/php/conf.d/
RUN chmod 755 /usr/local/etc/php/conf.d/custom_php.ini
2. Run with
docker run --name osticket -d --link ost_mysql:mysql -p 8080:80 php:osticket

I used web server source file from old running web server and edited database config which is v1.9.14.

Problem:
Error 500 when logging in (Not writing any error logs to (apache2, mysql, php) just returning error 500 even when i enabled display_errors and display_startup_errors to 1 in bootstrap.php)
Is there anyone who successfully dockerized osticket ?
What is the right way to install osticket existing database ?
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm not real sure why you would choose an of date version to Dockerize.  1.9.14 is not current in the 1.9 tree, nor it is the current version over all.

Q: Is there anyone who successfully dockerized osticket ?
    A: Not that i know of.

Q: What is the right way to install osticket existing database ?
    A: Create DB. Create DB User. Grant privs on DB to user. Run the osTicket Installer.