Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Client cannot see reason for assigned ticket

Hi,

Is it possible for a client to see the reason for assigning a ticket reply of a certain agent assigning the ticket?

Currently, The client is not aware if his ticket is already in process because the agent that was assigned is not replying.

Is it possible that the assign ticket reason will be seen in the client interface?

Comments

• If the assignment reason is an internal note then no. Internal notes are internal, and not for public consumption. 
    If you want the client/user to see something then post it as a reply rather than an internal note.

• Q: Currently, The client is not aware if his ticket is already in process because the agent that was assigned is not replying.

Work flow issue.  The person assigning the ticket to someone else should update the client saying "Hey I am assigning this ticket to X person and reason."
  • Thank you sirs. But I am assigning a ticket to my boss and it is inappropriate for me to keep reminding him to check his email. :D :D 
  • You are correct, but that does not appear to have anything to do with your question...