Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Cannot register to edit Wiki

The osTicket wiki at http://osticket.com/wiki/Main_Page says
We encourage anyone in the community to help share useful notes, documentation and information. In order to edit osTicket wiki you need to be a registered and active osTicket Forum Member.
But I cannot login. I would like to add my contributions for future members. Can you please enable registration for users?
Tagged:

Comments

• edited April 6
    It is my understanding that registration was disabled because the wiki is going away in favor of a new documentation system that is supposed to be rolled out.  I do not have an ETA on that though.

In the internim you can PM or email me with updates and I will be happy to take care of it.
  • I would like to build a prerequisites section that lists the dependencies needed for a basic test installation. I wrote a script that sets up osTicket 1.10 on Ubuntu 16.04 using PHP 7.0. It covers installing a basic LAMP server, gd, imap, xml, mbstring, intl, and apcu and then enabling the extra dependencies.
  • I love when people like to help OSTicket out! I look forward to following your script and testing it.
  • Here's what I've been using.
    #place osTicket-v1.10.zip into the ~ directory
    sudo apt install unzip lamp-server^ php-gd php-imap php-xml php-mbstring php-intl php-apcu -y
    unzip osTicket-v1.10.zip
    sudo rm /var/www/html/index.html
    sudo mv upload/* /var/www/html
    cd /var/www/html
    sudo cp include/ost-sampleconfig.php include/ost-config.php
    sudo chmod 0666 include/ost-config.php
    sudo service apache2 reload
    sudo service apache2 restart
  • I use a slightly more convoluted workflow, but the build is repeatable.

https://github.com/clonemeagain/osticket-vagrant
    Needs work, I'm going to remove the mail catcher, because it takes ages to install. When you're all setup and have some test data, dump the database so rebuilds use that. Basic Ubuntu lamp stack.
  • In the spirit of this discussion I have added my own install notes my own install notes here:

I noticed the vagrant setup the other day and I'm keen to try it out.

I'm planning a shot at writing an ansible provisioning script too. 

This might be more orientated towards using an already existing db backup rather than a completely new install but I'll see how it pans out.

• If you've an osticket folder with a config in it, and a database file, it doesn't reinstall. The provision process is for the operating system in the VM, which hopefully doesn't need to be reinstalled all that often. That's still a work in progress, and because of the debugging should not be used in production without modification.
  • Nice, I've looked over your provision script and vagrant file now and will try it out next week time permitting. 

It looks like a fair amount of work has gone into it and it always feels good to automate.

It has already given me a few ideas, I had no idea the official plugins were available to download as .phar files already for example.

Thanks for providing this.