Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

IIS, SSO and normal-login, no Public Registration with Automatic User Creation on Login (Part 2)

Given that #2274 and ticket #1944 are still not implemented, I wanted to post on the v1.10 Mods board the customisations I made for IIS, SSO and normal-login, no Public Registration with Automatic User Creation on Login that I discussed on a discussion for v1.9.*

The code changes still seem to work for v1.10 in case you desire said functionality but changes need to be made to .\include\staff\settings-users.inc.php as well. I would also like to ask for people to comment on the Github issues so we may finally have this functionality implemented some how.

Comments

• I've read your 1.9.* post and your github posts and so far i don't see what you've done, could you make a fork on git and commit your changes?
    Also some of the files that you suggest to change don't exist.
    In your steps to test it, you're just describing how the ldap plugin works when client registration is active.
  • edited April 28
    Which files did I mention don't exist? I just made the changes today on v1.10 and it seemed like the instructions were still valid. I will need to go through with a fresh copy instead I think.
  • Unfortunately I'm restricted by my employer when it comes to code submissions and even these sorts of forum accounts but let me summarise.
    • include/staff/settings-access.inc.php include\staff\settings-users.inc.php:81
      • Add extra client_registration option to suit this style of SSO
    • include/client/accesslink.inc.php:43
      • Only show registration link when client_registration is public ('Anyone can register')
    • include/client/login.inc.php:51
      • Only show registration link when client_registration is public ('Anyone can register')
    • include/client/view.inc.php
    • account.php:25
      • Update for the new client_registration mode we added.
  • So essentially all you want osticket to do is add a new registration method (that doesn't do anything in the code).
    Change the behaviour when checking for the public registration method.
    Create a redirecting file that is essentially the only way to get this setup to work (if you've disabled anonymous authentication for that file in IIS)

I fail to see how this should be implemented in the core code, it sounds more like it should be a modification to an existing plugin such as the ldap/pass plugin or maybe even a new one.
  • edited May 2
    Whatever works. Only reason I recommended doing it in core is because it's a relatively minor change for what I thought would have been a reasonable SSO scenario.

New registration method is only to distinguish from private, for backend user registration purposes, but also to distinguish from public for the other presentation layer code changes (registration link).

As for the access, we do have WIA enabled as an optional thing but we have this working right now and people can login using their SSO (In our case, AD domain credentials) using the web login form anonymously.