Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

MVC - Overriding the layouts

Hello, I'm new to osticket... I've searched a number of threads about modifying templates and pages/layouts... and all of them seem to suggest that people are just modifying the core code?
Surely this isn't the case... else what do you do when there is an update?

Perhaps I'm missing something... but is there a method of making template overrides without making a core hack?

Cheers

Comments

• Q: and all of them seem to suggest that people are just modifying the core code?
    A: it does more than suggest.

Q: Surely this isn't the case... else what do you do when there is an update?
    A: save the changes, and re-do them after the update if they are still needed.

Q: but is there a method of making template overrides without making a core hack?
    A: Not at this time,
  • Wow... this really amazes me.
    So I guess the trick is to NOT make too many modifications... rather just keep it to CSS changes where possible?

Thanks for your help
  • Yes, CSS does much more than you can imagine :) 
  • There is a pull request that i have not tried myself but might be of interest for you: https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket/pull/3211

However as Synt4xError says, you can do alot with CSS, i remember a site where it was a challange to create the most appealing sites using only CSS.