Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

No result from rcron.php when run remotely and Fatal Error from cron.php when run locally???

I am simply trying to set up the polling of IMAP mailbox, but neither methods are working.

System Information:

osTicket Version: v1.10(901e5ea)
Web Server Software: Apache/2.2.31 (Unix) mod_wsgi/3.5 Python/2.7.12 mod_ssl/2.2.31 OpenSSL/1.0.2h DAV/2 mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 mod_perl/2.0.9 Perl/v5.24.0

MySQL Version: 5.6.28
PHP Version: 5.6.25
  • PHP Error log entries or displayed errors. (you of course may remove any identifying information)
None
  • Mail Sending: phpMail functions or SMTP
SMTP
  • Mail Fetching/Receiving: IMAP or POP and Server version
IMAP
  • Operating System
MacOS El Capitan

On the server Mac I run the command:
'/usr/bin/php /path/to/api/cron.php'
This returns an error:
'<b>FATAL ERROR. Contact adminstrator</b>

I then tried the remote method. I created an API key for a remote client. I edited the rcron.php file on the server and moved it to /api/tasks/rcron.php (I had to create the tasks folder). On the client I then ran the command:
This returns a success message 200 as well as '!#/usr/bin/php -q' and nothing else. I note that this is the first line of the rcron.php file. There is nothing in the system logs in response to this success.

I can't see what I'm doing wrong.