Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

osTicket wont load after installing a plugin

Hi

I hope you can help im pretty new to this type of ticketing system, first off I had to change the default port from 80 to 81 due to the server configuration.

I have setup the accounts and email etc, after unpacking the phar file I installed the LDAP server plugin, I think installed the equipment plugin next upon when the whole osticket system crashed when I went to go back in it would not bring up the site again???

I tried going into myphpadmin and it stated that username root, password none access denied?

I have tried resetting the password in the mysql.ini file from xamp control panel but I can never actually get the site to come up again, im really not sure installing a plugin would cause so many issues to a install it was working perfectly fine up until then??

Do you think there is something wrong with the mysql.ini or is the osticket install corrupted in some way?

I hope you guys can help its taken me a good few days setting up all the agents account, smtp, logo etc :(

Thanks
Glen.

Comments

• Why did you unpack the plugin from it's phar? , The default for a phar plugin is to load it as a phar, You'll have to try disabling the plugin in mysql check the ost_plugin table for the plugin and change isactive to 0.

If you still can't load the admin interface, a plugin shouldn't do that!, so I'm guessing you've overridden files in the default install, you might want to check that, download a fresh copy and make a backup of your config then repair osticket.
  • I couldnt get the phar files to work without unpacking the file, I only extracted the files to \\include\plugins

Does the configuration hold all the settings I have done the past week? you mean ost-config?
  • There's a php extension that is required to get them working, it's generally a default.. but maybe not in xampp.

Yes, ost-config is your config, all your browser changes will be in the database.

Did you manage to disable it via mysql?
  • Hi Grizly

I went into the MySQL.ini config on the XAMPP control panel and deleted the equipment plugin soon as I done that it started working again not sure why this caused the issue in the first place!

Thanks for your help!

Glen.

• Maybe that plugin isn't compatible with the version of osTicket you have?