Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Agents can't utilise password reset link in email

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing this issue: when a password reset email is sent (e.g. from the admin agents panel) and the agent tries to use the link to set a new password, after entering their username/emailaddress they get thrown back to the same dialogue box over and over and can't reset their password at all.

Issue is occurring on:
osTicket Version v1.10 (901e5ea)
Web Server Software nginx/1.10.3
MySQL Version 5.7.18
PHP Version 7.0.18-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

Clean install, only the /etc/nginx/sites-available/osticket server recipe has been slightly modified (attached) to get AJAX to work properly (tooltips), in php.ini cgi.fix_pathinfo has been set to 0.

The following error is found in the log:

[error] 2035#2035: *415 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function setTabActive() on null in /var/www/html/osticket/scp/profile.php:50
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/osticket/scp/staff.inc.php(133): require()
#1 /var/www/html/osticket/scp/autocron.php(18): require('/var/www/html/o...')
#2 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/osticket/scp/profile.php on line 50" while reading response header from upstream```

It seems this is a bug, as the problem is exactly the same as mentioned in this issue (have added my findings there as well): https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket/issues/3039.

As this results in significant loss of functionality it seems not everyone is experiencing this (otherwise it would been a bigger problem). Any ideas why or what could be done to avoid or fix this issue?

Thanks, Jeroen

Comments

• "Web Server Software nginx/1.10.3"

^osTicket does not support nginx.  There are a bunch of custom configuration changes that you need to do to get it to work out of the box.  There are a number of threads over at github about nginx issues. I would recommend that you read through them and make sure that you have everything configured correctly.  I do not run nginx so I probably wont be of much assistance to you in that regards.

"It seems this is a bug, as the problem is exactly the same as mentioned in this issue (have added my findings there as well): https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket/issues/3039."

That thread specifically says User not Agent (and yours is Agent not User) and the PHP errors in both are different. So I would disagree that the two problems are exactly the same.  Also the poster doesn't not give any environment details.

At the very lest I would recommend that you start a github issue report with your environment details, and logged errors.