Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Show the difference between a "Note" and an "Answer" in a Ticket

Hello everybody,

so I wonder if I changed any of the php Code that it doesn't show me the difference between a Note or an Answer I add to a Ticket or if it's just how osTicket works.
When our Agents add a Note to a Ticket, I never know if that is an actual Answer or just a Note.
Both, the Note and the Answer apper to have an orange background.

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

Serverinformation:
osTicket-Versionv1.10 (901e5ea) —  Up to Date
Server-SoftwareApache/2.4.25 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.2j PHP/7.0.20
MySQL-Version10.1.21
PHP-Version7.0.20

Best regards
husetech

Comments

• This is not a feature in osTicket.

Answers are emailed to the User.  Notes are not.  Notes are internal only.

So if you changed it so that you don't know what is an answer and what is a note, you would have no idea what got emailed to the User.  This sounds like an incredibly bad idea to me.
  • edited July 20
    I just relaized something.
    I was just looking for the Agent to tell the difference between an answer and a note in the SCP Agent panel.
    Now I see there is actually is a difference, a note has a bright orange background and a answer has a darker orange background:

Any chance to make it more obvious which is which?
  • There is not a way to configure it in the UI. You could probably alter the code somewhere to choose different colors that would make it more obvious for you.

Any code changes would be lost with future updates and would need to be made again.

• Thank you blueyeguy!

We will probably change it via Code an remember which script it was in to rechange it when an update comes out :)

#Solved
    Have a nice day!