Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

CPanel - change domain

Am using 1.9.12 with helpdesk.olddomain.com on cpanel. This was running fine.

Then we were required to changed our domain to helpdesk.newdomain.com on cpanel. Here were all the steps that we have taken:
1. tar all files and untar at new server
2. mysqldump olddomain_ost . Then created newdomain_ost and dumped all tables into the new database.
3. At the new domain, went into ~/include and edit ost-config.php and make changes to
define('DBNAME','newdomain_ost');
define('DBUSER','newdomain');
define('DBPASS','newpasswd');

4. Finally updated the ost_config table and and update the value of these columns:
admin_email ---> support@newdomain.com

When surfing to http://helpdesk.newdomain.com , I only get a blank screen
If I were to edit ~/include/ost-config.php and, say, put in a wrong database passwd, I would get an error message like so:
Fatal Error: Contact system administrator

Wondering what I have missed to update. Please advise. TIA.

Comments

• Are you getting any php/webserver errors? Have any software changed compared to previous setup?
  • The earlier server:
    PHP 5.3.29 (cli) (built: Aug  4 2016 15:56:03)
    mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.55, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

The current server which serves the new domain:
    PHP 5.6.31 (cli) (built: Jul 11 2017 11:57:16)
    mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.6.35, for Linux (x86_64) using  EditLine wrapper

We are using Cpanel and not sure where to refer to the logs. I have submitted a ticket and asked the location but no reply yet.

Meanwhile, in the file ~/include/ost-config.php, there is a line that says:
    # Encrypt/Decrypt secret key - randomly generated during installation.
    define('SECRET_SALT','UZkbab3H_4c2Wt405XIqRdVgq3ycp7bt');

Would that be of any clue? Because that was just copied from the previous server serving the old domain.
  • Please remove your secret_salt, i haven't looked into this particular one, but in many cases that could be used to decrypt your users passwords.

Are you able to see what plugins are loaded for php?
  • https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/The+cPanel+Log+Files#ThecPanelLogFiles-Apache

You've listed the cli version of php, what Apache plugin?, FPM? CGI? mod_php?
    Check that your Apache vhost/directory config is correct as well.