Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

After posting note in ticket the ticket closes and goes back to the "my tickets" screen

Hi,

has anybody got a fix for the above, basically after posting a note the ticket closes and goes to my tickets screen, now in previous versions the ticket stayed open on the screen and not back to my tickets list.... as we are constently updating tickets it good for the current ticket to actually stay on screen.

Any ideas or suggestions please.

Cheers

MArk

Comments

• Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

• Hi,  Sorry i  did read the post before posting, I though the issue was explained quite well....

Server Information
    osTicket Versionv1.10 (901e5ea) —  Up to date
    Web Server SoftwareApache/2.4.18 (Win64) PHP/5.6.19
    MySQL Version5.7.11
    PHP Version5.6.19
  • heres some screen shot s of what happens....

so  we have a post..... typing in the post internal note section. 
    click post note.

Capture.PNG
    1053 x 611 - 23K
  • then goes to the my tickets screen..............image
    Capture.JPG
    994 x 257 - 56K
  • were as in the previous versions once a note was posted osticket use to stay on the current ticket you were working in.... we really need that fetaure back as going back to my tickets when updating a job makes the whole thing time consuming... hope this explains the issue..

many thanks.

Mark
  • I'm not aware of a way to change this behavior.
  • Hi ntozier, so can you confirm this is a new "feature"  of the software.... or have your older versions always done this?
    Like i say this change has adds a lot of time on to completeing jobs as we have to keep going back to the ticket list instead of just been able to caarrry on typing in the same ticket after each post... 

Cheers
  • I had to patch core to fix that.
    https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket/blob/develop/scp/tickets.php#L181

Note the block above, I copied the redirect declaration into that block, added braces, so if the ticket is still open, it redirects back to the ticket. (Just append the ticket id to the url). If you need a hand, I'll dig up my change and post it.

• Found my code, the is_object check fixed something.. can't remember what now. 

replace line 181 in /scp/tickets.php with:
    if(is_object($ticket)){
    $redirect = 'tickets.php?id='.$ticket->getId();// Modified to redirect back to itself.;
    }else {
    $redirect = 'tickets.php';
    }