Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] SMTP problem - Client host rejected & cannot use authentication

Hi - The system log is showing errors for email sending with the following text:
"Unable to email via SMTP::587 [] Failed to add recipient: [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 554, response: 5.7.1 : Client host rejected: Access denied)] "

I thought the issue might be not using authentication in the SMTP settings for the email address, but when I try to set Authentication Required to 'Yes' and save, I get the error "Unable to log in. Check SMTP settings." - The thing is, the SMTP settings I'm using are the same as those I use in Thunderbird, which has no problem sending.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• version of osTicket?
    actual settings you are using?
    have you tried prefix of ssl:\\ in the host name?
    Do you have SElinux, mod_security, or another firewall software on the web server -or- a firewall on the mail server that might be preventing the connection?
  • Hi - sorry for the delayed response. It seems I have resolved the SMTP issue with my hosting provider. Thanks for your help.
  • Very welcome. HAve a great day!
This discussion has been closed.