Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Ticket Details Form Not Loading

I recently installed osTicket 1.10 on Ubuntu 16.04 using the following tutorial.

Initially I had trouble adding a new user. The pop up box was blank. I was able to correct this by commenting out the following line 

#include
snippets/fastcgi-php.conf;

from my osticket config file located here /etc/nginx/sites-available/osticket.

The issue now is when a user creates a ticket. The user is able to select a help topic, but the initial ticket details form isn't displayed to the user. I even made sure to make the fields visible to the user and agent as I thought that was the issue. Still nothing. The work around at the moment is to make all fields required. It still doesn't initially display the form but when the user attempts to click create ticket, the fields finally display in red and forces the user to enter the data, before the ticket is created. I'm thinking this is a PHP7 issue, but don't know what I may need to change to correct the issue. Anyone have any ideas of root cause and how to fix? Thanks.

Comments

• Please help us to help you by reading and following the posting guidelines located in this thread: Please read before requesting assistance.  The more information you give us the better we will be able to assist you. Thank you.

What version of PHP are you using?
    What webserver are you using?

• PHP7 and NGINX.
  • nginx is not a supported webserver.  There are a number of configuration changes that you need to make ti it to get it to work.  I would refer you to the github issue threads for it.

Saying PHP7 does not convey a version number other than it is 7.0.0+
  • Thank you. I will attempt using Apache.
  • Using Apache solved the issue. Thanks.