Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[MOD] Multilanguage Support

Comments

• no error but not apper in the menu.. lol
  • Can you send me a screenshot of the site with the missing knowledgebase?
  • How to enable multilingual???

I am having a main website in the root

The installation of osTicket is in the ../support/ root.

When I surf to the osTicket, the link points to the support directory above.
    How do I configure the Multi Ling support for that directory? My service is at a webhotel and I do not have access to the php.ini file.

by the way:
    how do I get a .mo file or convert to it?
    the .po is editable
  • @per
    Multilanguage should already be configured, you can see which language you'll see by going to '/support/testlang.php' in your browser. If there is no translation for your language, you'll see the osticket in english.

You'll have to create a .po file, either manually or with a program. I used poedit to do that. You can get a list of translation programs by searching for gettext in wikipedia (the english one). The .mo file is a compiled .po file. If you use a translation program it'll automatically compile your translations, otherwise you'll have to use a compiler yourself.
  • Thane;37730 said:
    @per
    Multilanguage should already be configured, you can see which language you'll see by going to '/support/testlang.php' in your browser. If there is no translation for your language, you'll see the osticket in english.

You'll have to create a .po file, either manually or with a program. I used poedit to do that. You can get a list of translation programs by searching for gettext in wikipedia (the english one). The .mo file is a compiled .po file. If you use a translation program it'll automatically compile your translations, otherwise you'll have to use a compiler yourself.
    Great! Many thanks!
    We are currently translating the Multilanguage to Swedish. Will be done in a few days.
  • For who is interested to the italian translation, i'm working with Schwibby to complete it as soon as possible.

We are around the 60% af all the 10k string row
  • Not working???
    Thane;37730 said:
    @per

Hmmmm...
    I happen to know German and installed it and when using Google Chrome it does not change to German when I set the browser language to German.
    Why?
    Are there any other settings to make it work?
  • @Thane

First - many thanks for your work!
    In Post #9 you spell from V3, but i'm to stupid to find a link to this version.

Can you open my eyes, please

Best regards

Gerd
  • @gerd_r
    Post #9 was written when only RC6-V3 (which was meant by that post) existed. You should use stable-V2. The other Downloadlinks are only still there for archiving and curious people.
  • Thane;37754 said:
    @gerd_r
    Post #9 was written when only RC6-V3 (which was meant by that post) existed. You should use stable-V2. The other Downloadlinks are only still there for archiving and curious people.
    Hi, i'm translating the file, in this file i've found C:\temp\osticket_1.7-RC6_multilanguage_V3
    Is this version stable or not? if not why is not stable?
  • LarsSalazar;37755 said:
    Hi, i'm translating the file, in this file i've found C:\temp\osticket_1.7-RC6_multilanguage_V3?
    Which file? The osticket_1.7-RC6_multilanguage_V3.zip?
    LarsSalazar;37755 said:

Is this version stable or not? if not why is not stable?
    RC6 isn't stable because it's a 'developer preview' of osticket.
    My filename has the following versioning scheme:
    osticket_1.7->name+version
    RC6/stable->build or release type of osticket (not made by me, but by the osticket developers)
    multilanguage->the mod name
    V[x]->The version of the mod (also depends on osticket build)

That means if you use RC6 of my mod, you also use RC6 of osticket itself. You can see that in your osticket (Admin Panel->Settings).
  • Thane;37757 said:
    Which file? The osticket_1.7-RC6_multilanguage_V3.zip?

RC6 isn't stable because it's a 'developer preview' of osticket.
    My filename has the following versioning scheme:
    osticket_1.7->name+version
    RC6/stable->build or release type of osticket (not made by me, but by the osticket developers)
    multilanguage->the mod name
    V[x]->The version of the mod

That means if you use RC6 of my mod, you also use RC6 of osticket itself. You can see that in your osticket (Admin Panel->Settings).
    so it's better make the mod on the the v2 version.

Actually i dunno from which file the .po that i'm translating come from. I suppose that it come from the RC6 version, it was send to me from Schwibby.

After 2k rows translated it's not really kindly :s
  • @Thane

Thank you, still i'm not blind :)
  • LarsSalazar;37758 said:
    so it's better make the mod on the the v2 version.
    Yes it is. How do you translate it? Manually? Translation programs can scan a folder for strings that have to be translated. It seems you use the .po file of my translation to german and i scanned the 'C:\temp\osticket_1.7-RC6_multilanguage_V3' for translatable strings. That's why the 'C:\temp...' are in the .po.
    gerd_r;37759 said:

Thank you, still i'm not blind :)
    You're welcome, didn't think that was the case :)
  • per;37736 said:
    Hmmmm...
    I happen to know German and installed it and when using Google Chrome it does not change to German when I set the browser language to German.
    Why?
    Are there any other settings to make it work?
    try the testlang.php in the root of your osticket and tell me the result.

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see your comment :(
  • Hi thane,

from the version V3 to the V5 thare's something new in the code?

And another thing why you use the system language settings indeed of the browser language?
  • LarsSalazar;37762 said:
    Hi thane,

from the version V3 to the V5 thare's something new in the code?

And another thing why you use the system language settings indeed of the browser language?
    In the first post of this thread there is a 'updates' section. You'll find a short description of changes there. Also you really shouldn't use any RC6 version. A lot has changed since then and the stable_V2.

Your preferred Browser language should be used if you didn't change anything in gettext-conf.php and use the stable_v2.
  • Thane;37763 said:
    In the first post of this thread there is a 'updates' section. You'll find a short description of changes there. Also you really shouldn't use any RC6 version. A lot has changed since then and the stable_V2.

Your preferred Browser language should be used if you didn't change anything in gettext-conf.php and use the stable_v2.
    Hi again,

i've downloaded from the first post the release V2 but in to the file .po i find this
    temp\osticket_1.7-RC6_multilanguage_V3
    in all the rows, is it normal?
  • Yes that's normal and you can ignore it.

Don't edit the files directly, use an editor like PoEdit (free)
  • Can i set as default a language? or set it with the "flag button" on the header?

when i run the file testlang.php i get this outpu, can someone help me?

Your browser preferred language is: 'en'<br>PHP Notice: Undefined variable: lang_dialect in /var/www/osticket/testlang.php on line 53
    PHP Notice: Undefined variable: lang_dialect in /var/www/osticket/testlang.php on line 56
    PHP Notice: Undefined variable: lang_dialect in /var/www/osticket/testlang.php on line 59
    PHP Notice: Undefined variable: lang_dialect in /var/www/osticket/testlang.php on line 62
    The following folder will be used to translate your osticket: 'en'
  • LarsSalazar;37800 said:
    Can i set as default a language? or set it with the "flag button" on the header?

when i run the file testlang.php i get this outpu, can someone help me?

Your browser preferred language is: 'en'<br>PHP Notice: Undefined variable: lang_dialect in /var/www/osticket/testlang.php on line 53
    PHP Notice: Undefined variable: lang_dialect in /var/www/osticket/testlang.php on line 56
    PHP Notice: Undefined variable: lang_dialect in /var/www/osticket/testlang.php on line 59
    PHP Notice: Undefined variable: lang_dialect in /var/www/osticket/testlang.php on line 62
    The following folder will be used to translate your osticket: 'en'
    You can ignore the PHP Notices i'll fix that in the next update.

The site tells you
    [HTML]Your browser preferred language is: 'en'
    The following folder will be used to translate your osticket: 'en'[/HTML]

That means 'en' will be used as the osticket language for you. You'll have to either set your browser preferred language or set a fixed language in gettext-conf.php. For example in firefox(20.0.1) you can set it by Clicking on Firefox->Preferences->Content->In the Section 'Languages' on Choose->Set your Language. Osticket will use the first in that list.
    If you want to set a fixed language code open the file '/include/gettext-conf.php' and change the line
    $language=getDefaultLanguage();

To
    $language='yourlangcode';

Example
    $language='de-de';

Setting a fixed language is a global configuration, setting your browser preferred language is (obviously) only effective for you and only in that browser. Also, testlang isn't affected by the fixed language setting.
  • eisenheim909;37857 said:
    I can't download this archives. Briken links.:(
    Yeah...
    my DSL Connection broke...sorting it out tomorrow
  • Thane;37858 said:
    Yeah...
    my DSL Connection broke...sorting it out tomorrow
    WOW:eek: That quick response!... jejeje.

Ok... I'll be wating. Thank you very much.
  • Hello Thane,

I tried out your multilanguage_V2-Version, but it don´t work. osTicktet was in english.

I made the language static to 'de' and it still don't work.
    Now I made the language static to 'de_DE' and rename the folder /include/locale/de to /include/locale/de_DE and it still don't work.

testlang.php output:
    Your browser preferred language is: 'de-de'
    The following folder will be used to translate your osticket: 'de_DE'

Are there any setting that I have forgotten?

Please, can you help me?

Joern
  • Joern;37867 said:
    Hello Thane,

I tried out your multilanguage_V2-Version, but it don´t work. osTicktet was in english.

I made the language static to 'de' and it still don't work.
    Now I made the language static to 'de_DE' and rename the folder /include/locale/de to /include/locale/de_DE and it still don't work.

testlang.php output:
    Your browser preferred language is: 'de-de'
    The following folder will be used to translate your osticket: 'de_DE'

Are there any setting that I have forgotten?

Please, can you help me?

Joern
    did you use RC6_multilanguage_V2 or stable_multilanguage_V2?
  • Thane;37876 said:
    Did you do this?
    How to set a static language:
    Set the line in 'include/gettext-conf.php' that contains
    PHP Code:
    To
    PHP Code:
    $language='';

I had the same problem, but when I changed it to the above everything worked out perfectly.
  • Thane;37876 said:
    I used: osTicket-1.7-stable_multilanguage_V2
  • per;37877 said:
    Did you do this?
    How to set a static language:
    Set the line in 'include/gettext-conf.php' that contains
    PHP Code:
    To
    PHP Code:
    $language='';

I had the same problem, but when I changed it to the above everything worked out perfectly.
    I tried many things. I also set: $language='de_DE';
  • Joern;37883 said:
    I used: osTicket-1.7-stable_multilanguage_V2
    Can you tell me the browser, Server, And Server-OS you use? Also can you try to set the following 2 variables in main.inc.php

PHP Code:
    ini_set('display_errors', 0);
    ini_set('display_startup_errors', 0);
    To
    PHP Code:
    ini_set('display_errors', 1);
    ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1);

And look for errors of any kind.