Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Strange Nested Responses

Recently we have had a few tickets where our the replies from our end-users are getting nested in to a single entry on the staff panel. This behaviour is apparently random and prevents further ticket updates from occurring (please see the attached screenshot).

We are fetching emails via POP3. Our environment is as follows:

osTicket Versionv1.10 (901e5ea)
Web Server Software Microsoft-IIS/8.5
MySQL Version 5.6.36
PHP Version 5.5.38
The page in question is:
/scp/tickets.php?id=366

The only log entry at that point is as follows:
2017-09-18 12:28:38 W3SVC16 SERVERNAME XX.XXX.XXX.XXX GET /scp/tickets.php status=open&_pjax=%23pjax-container 443 - XX.XXX.XXX.XX HTTP/1.1 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+10.0;+Win64;+x64;+rv:55.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/55.0 _ga=GA1.3.1405099129.1464689264;+PHPSESSID=do3i4e78q7br90krfa0pu6u256;+OSTSESSID=u194bp8tsf9vn726vkp4qjmum7 https://example.com/scp/tickets.php?status=open example.com 200 0 0 6309 647 546

Has anyone ever come across this?

Tagged:

Comments

• There is no screenshot..
  • How odd I had attached it. Please see below:

nested-tickets.jpg
    964 x 476 - 183K
  • Interesting.  I've never seen that before.  

Do you know what email application they are using to send email?

Do you know if they are forwarding the message to you using a .msg attachment or something instead of just replying?
  • They are just doing a standard reply with no attachments. The application being used by the end user is Outlook 2016 for Mac, they've left the office for the day but I can get the exact build of Outlook tomorrow if it helps.
  • It might help.

Also at: Admin panel -> Emails -> Settings.
    Did you disable: "Strip quoted reply"?
    Did you change "Reply Seperator Tag"?
  • Those settings haven't been touched at all.

I'll upload a screenshot of the Outlook build in the morning.
    ost-email-settings.png
    373 x 62 - 3K
  • One more thought... how do they have Outlook configured to compose email?  (TEXT, RTF, HTML?) are they seeing and deleting the the -- reply above this line -- before hitting send?
  • The user is sending emails as HTML, she can see the reply line and she is not removing it.

While I was waiting for the user to get out of meetings I checked the database and found loads of extra DIV containers in the thread entries. I'm not sure how best to show this information, screenshot or just attempt to paste it in here?
    Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 12.43.24.png
    710 x 824 - 109K
  • Hey @burgi,

Have you modified the source code at all?

Also if you wouldn't mind could you get the User to CC me on a Reply so I can view the raw email that's coming from their side? This way I can determine if it's the email or osTicket that is causing this. If it's okay let me know and I'll DM you my email address.

Thanks.
  • Hi @kevinthejedi

We haven't modified the source code at all. I'll check with the boss about CCing you in. I'll get back to you.

Thanks
  • It is very unlikely to make any difference to this, however that version of Office 2016 for Mac is relatively old now.

15.19 was released Feb 2016 and the current version from a week ago is now 15.38.