Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

User won't receive automatic mail from osTicket

When a user has posted a new ticket, the user will see a short text on the next page that he received a message (e-mail) by osTicket with his ticket ID.
Admin and staff member of that department will receive the (new ticket) mail from the user.

But the user won't get any mail. behalve when a staff member or a admin makes the ticket with the users mail address (straightly send to the user).

All tickets are placed in the database and everyone (user, staff member and admin), will see the ticket.

What I did change from default settings;
Rranslated from english to dutch (downloaded duch language packed from internet)

Added search query to tickets database for staff members & admin

Added reports tab for admin

Autoresponders (users) (Global Setting) all of them are enabled
Alerts & notices (staff members & admin) all of them are enabled

Email settings;
Incoming Emails: For mail fetcher (POP/IMAP) to work you must set a cron job or simply enable auto-cron
(cron is not enabled, we don't fetch any mail, only outgoing is important)

NO - Enable POP/IMAP email fetch (Global setting which can be disabled at email level)

NO - Enable email piping (You pipe we accept policy)

YES - Strip quoted reply (depends on the tag below)

Default Email: Only applies to outgoing emails with no SMTP settings.
(is this rule right or a bug?)

Because SMTP settings are on!!

Outgoing Emails: [email]testmail@*.nl[/email] (EX01)
NO Allow spoofing (No Overwrite).

Default System Email: [email]testmail@*.nl[/email]

Default Alert Email: Use Default System Email (above)

Used to send out alerts and notices to staff.
System Admin Email Address: [email]systeembeheer@*.nl[/email]

Comments

• Nobody can help me?

Nobody who can help me?
    i would that really appreciate

Thanks in advance!
  • So you have a heavily modified version of osTicket, and want to know why its not sending mail to users? My first guess is because you broke something modifying your source.

You should check your php error logs. (Where those are located vary by OS and PHP implementation. You should be able to consult your php.ini to find out where they are)

Also, please make a back up of your site. And install a stock version of 1.6ST and see if sending emails works. If so then you can restore your modified version and knowing that its broken. (You can then do a diff between the files and maybe locate the problem).
  • ntozier;36348 said:
    So you have a heavily modified version of osTicket, and want to know why its not sending mail to users? My first guess is because you broke something modifying your source.

You should check your php error logs. (Where those are located vary by OS and PHP implementation. You should be able to consult your php.ini to find out where they are)

Also, please make a back up of your site. And install a stock version of 1.6ST and see if sending emails works. If so then you can restore your modified version and knowing that its broken. (You can then do a diff between the files and maybe locate the problem).

correctly I thought the same, but there where no errors. so I went back to the mail settings, add some new mail adresses (for alerts and outgoing mail/default system mail), added them to the right department and voilá! it worked :D.

So quickly said; my own settings where misconfigured :$.

But thanks again!

Sincerely yours,

Augustinianum
  • I'm glad that you resolved your issue, and thank you for posting your solution! Maybe someone else will see this and it will help them. :)
This discussion has been closed.