Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Deleting a department

Good afternoon,
I need to "Close" a department, but keep all the old tickets in case we ever need to go back and look at them.
Is there a way to do this? The only option i see in 1.10 is to DELETE the department, and I am assuming this would also wipe out all the tickets with it.
Thanks

Comments

• The tickets wont get deleted they will just be moved to the default department
  • ouch, not sure how I feel about that... maybe i will do it on a test server to see how it will affect us.
    thanks
  • tried to import my .SQL file today into a test DB, and I am getting this error

SQL query: Documentation

CREATE ALGORITHM = UNDEFINED DEFINER = `root`@`localhost` SQL SECURITY DEFINER VIEW `OSTicket`.`Messages` AS SELECT `OSTicket`.`ost_ticket_message`.`msg_id` AS `msg_id` , `OSTicket`.`ost_ticket_message`.`ticket_id` AS `ticket_id` , `OSTicket`.`ost_ticket_message`.`messageId` AS `messageId` , `OSTicket`.`ost_ticket_message`.`message` AS `message` , `OSTicket`.`ost_ticket_message`.`headers` AS `headers` , `OSTicket`.`ost_ticket_message`.`source` AS `source` , `OSTicket`.`ost_ticket_message`.`ip_address` AS `ip_address` , `OSTicket`.`ost_ticket_message`.`created` AS `created` , `OSTicket`.`ost_ticket_message`.`updated` AS `updated`
    FROM `OSTicket`.`ost_ticket_message` ;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1146 - Table 'OSTicket.ost_ticket_message' doesn't exist 

Any ideas about this? thanks
  • osTicket 1.9+ and 1.10+ does not have a "ost_ticket_message" table... 
  • @ntozier i didn't think so, especially since I do not see it in my live server's database...
    But for some reason when I export, it is there...
    Very strange, I will take a look to see what I could do.
    Thanks
  • Very welcome. :)  Good luck! 

(I wonder if 1.7 or 1.6 had that table... sadly I dont have a install that old anymore)
  • I was on 1.6RC for ever, and upgraded to 1.10 recently, some remnants left over, but I don't see them in my DB at the moment.
  • Hmm.  Odd. 
  • edited October 2017
    does 1.10 use any views? I have 3 views, possibly from my upgrade 

#1356 - View 'OSTicket.Messages' references invalid table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them

that is the error I get when i click views -> messages on my live server
    if these are no longer required, I could delete them and export again

EDIT - I changed my export to not include those 3 views, looks like it is running now.