Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Search is empty

I recently moved my OSTicket from a Windows server to Ubuntu. Everything else appears to be working, but searching does not bring up anything. Other posts I have read state that the fix was in an update to OSTicket. I am running the most recent version, 1.10.1. Even matching the case in the search does not seem to work. Searching the ticket number does work, but that is not a common search for us.

Any suggestions?

imageimage

Comments

• Perhaps you mean to use Advanced Search?
  • This works ok for me so not sure why it doesn't for you, sorry.

There is a code fix required for a problem with searching from the client page however.

There is an issue for this here: https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket/issues/3822

Are you able to view contents of the ost__search table ?  In my limited looking over searching just now it seems like this table caches the searchable text of tickets, threads, and tasks.

It looks to be built as you add/edit these things however there is something also in the code about generating stuff when cron runs. I'm not sure if this is useful information but might be a clue.

Strangely I'm not able to search on my ticket id, perhaps as this has a text component then a number.

• I actually rebuilt my server because of another issue (shell became really slow) but the same search issue occurs. I now get an email (email wasn't working before) that states ost_search does not exist. I have left it a few days to see if it would rebuild that table, as I have seen mentioned in many posts about search rebuilding if that table is not there. I have also submitted a new ticket and it still does not get created. 

Anyone have a suggestion to get the ost_search table to rebuild manually? I think this may be my issue. I would create it but my MySQL skills are lacking, but learning quick.
  • ost_search does not and should not exist. 
    ost__search should though.  
    ^Note that's two underlines.
  • Here's the query for creating ost__search: 
    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS ost__search (
    `object_type` varchar(8) not null,
    `object_id` int(11) unsigned not null,
    `title` text collate utf8_general_ci,
    `content` text collate utf8_general_ci,
    primary key `object` (`object_type`, `object_id`),
    fulltext key `search` (`title`, `content`)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT=utf8

• Thank you Micke1101! The command made the database. Still not getting a search result, but now it is not erroring out with DB Error #1146. Now it just is empty search results.
  • Any new ticket is searchable since my move. Any tickets that were made in the previous system, are not searchable.

Is there a way to have the system reindex older tickets? Is it to do that automatically?