Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

v1.10.1 You can view this ticket's progress online. - ERROR

1. My users submits a ticket - everything works fine - I get notified. They get the auto response.
2. They click on the link in the email response that says "You can view this ticket's progress online." and the ticket system gives a 

Page Not Found

No page could be found at this address. 

XXXXXXX.com is where I removed my domain name of course. It is spelled right in the actual link.

I just upgraded to v1.10.1 (9ae093d).  I can login and see the ticket and I can email or directly respond - it seems like everything is working only they cannot click the link to view the ticket.

Any help would be awesome!
Thank you for a great product that I have used for 3 years without fail!
James

Comments

• When i mouse over your link it appears to have some characters at the end. % three D % three D. (or another way percent 3D).  If you remove them from the link does it work?
  • I've recently did something similar to this myself. I think I incorrectly had the "%{recipient.ticket_link}" link specified in either the editor or the html source itself as %{recipient.ticket_link}% .

It is further complicated in that the html editor will change some of these to something like this in the source:  %%7Brecipient.ticket_link%7D

With %7B = { and %7D = }.  You could also try inserting the link again using Link -> Insert Link and choosing the options under "Select..." at the top.
  • @pcjkollmorgen, I have EXACTLY the same problem and I tried to insert new link (Admin Panel - Emails - Templates -  osTicket Default Template (HTML)  (System Default) -  New Ticket Auto-response --> Link, Insert Link, select End-User Ticket Link ), but I've got the same result.

"view this ticket's progress online" link still doesn't work although in browser's address bar I change ASCII sequences with appropriate characters and signs.

Something should be wrong in the source code I think.

• This is my setup:

• edited February 22
    You look up to date ok.

Do you have phpMyAdmin on your box and/or can edit the database directly ?

This takes the slightly odd html editor out of the picture, it is most likely the cause of the problem, although I think it is just trying to be secure.

Once you find the templates, they are pretty easy to edit, I have that link twice in each of my templates so I ended up with this being a bit of a problem. Editing directly into the database was easier once I had built the html once.

Here is one of my templates in html as an example:

<span style="color:#E65524">:: Ticket Auto Response ::</span><br /><br /><h3><strong>Dear %{recipient.name.first},</strong></h3> <br />The following Ticket <a style="color:#E65524" href="%%7Brecipient.ticket_link%7D">#%{ticket.number}</a> was created automatically by the system and includes an automatic reply:<br /><br />Subject: %{ticket.subject}<br /><br />%{ticket.thread.original}<br /><br /><br />With the following automatic reply: <br /><blockquote>%{response} </blockquote> <br /><br />%{signature}<br /><br /><a style="color:#E65524" href="%%7Brecipient.ticket_link%7D">~~ Go online to update this new ticket ~~</a> <br /><br /><table><tbody><tr> <td> <span style="font-size:small"><strong>ID:</strong></span> </td> <td> <span style="font-size:small">%{ticket.number}</span> </td> <td> <span style="color:#E65524">|</span> </td> <td> <span style="font-size:small"><strong>Dept:</strong></span> </td> <td> <span style="font-size:small">%{ticket.dept}</span> </td> <td> <span style="color:#E65524">|</span> </td> <td> <span style="font-size:small"><strong>Assignee:</strong></span> </td> <td> <span style="font-size:small">%{ticket.assigned}</span> </td> <td> <span style="color:#E65524">|</span> </td> <td> <span style="font-size:small"><strong>Status:</strong></span> </td> <td> <span style="font-size:small">%{ticket.status}</span> </td> </tr></tbody></table> <hr /> <em style="color:rgb(127, 127, 127);font-size:small">To review your ticket, respond to us, provide further details, or to follow the progress of, please visit the <a style="color:#E65524" href="https://yoururl.com">Your Company</a> system. The system also provides a <a style="color:#E65524" href="https://yoururl.com/kb/">self service / FAQ section</a> and a complete archive of all your tickets. To provide feedback or report any issues with the ticket system please <a style="color:#E65524" href="mailto://youremail@yourcompany.com">email</a> us.</em> 

In theory you should be able to copy and paste the above into the html editor when in source edit mode and it should save ok, it is worth trying before editing the database directly.