Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Improve Search in Knowledgebase

Does anyone know if it is possible to improve the search in the knowledgebase?  

For example, we have an FAQ with the title: "I placed multiple orders, can you combine my orders and refund my shipping?"

When I try to search the knowledge base for the phrase " combine orders" I receive no results.  

Any help is greatly appreciated.
My specs:
osTicket Versionv1.10 (901e5ea)  Upgrade— v1.10.1 is available
Web Server SoftwareApache
MySQL Version5.5.56
PHP Version7.0.24

Comments

• anyone?  I'm stuck at the moment and hoped someone would have an idea.  
  • I've just tested this and can confirm the problem exists for v1.10.1 for me also.

Searching for "combine orders" fails, however, "combine" or  "multiple orders" works.

I'm not really sure what the code is doing, however, I did find reference to a "keywords" field in the database table ost_faq.

I wasn't able to find any place to set this however from the agents interface, perhaps someone else knows where these can be set ?

I was though able to set 2 keywords (combine orders) directly into the database and this enabled search for "combine orders" to work again.

• any other thoughts on this?  the post above says this was fixed in 1.9.6 but I am using 1.10.  I may try calling the developers to see if they have any ideas.
  • @helpdeskguy

At the moment you cannot search for keywords that are spread throughout the title. You can only search for one keyword or a continuous phrase. For example, if your title is "I placed multiple orders, can you combine my orders and refund my shipping?" then searching for "orders" or "combine my orders" will work but searching for "combine orders" will not (because they are separated, not continuous). You can always modify the code yourself to accomplish deeper searching but please note that those changes will be overwritten once you upgrade and you'll have to do it all over again.

I hope this helps. Cheers.