Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Connect multiple database

Hi,

I am new to the system and PHP. Maybe this is a stupid question but I just want to have an idea of whether this would work. We have two osTicket applications, and each one is running for a different bureau and has its own database. Now we want to transfer the tickets between two bureaus and both of them can see the transferred tickets. Is this gonna work? If it is, how should I do it? I have successfully got the data from DB1 to show it on APP2 thru myseli connection strings, I just don't know how to make it show in the table as the data from DB2 does (DB1 is the database for APP1, DB2 is the databse for APP2).

Could somebody please help me with this? Much appreciated it!

Comments

• osTicket is designed to present a web page and interact with a single database.

If you wanted to work out a way to merge the two databases into a single database (and figure out what to do with matching ticket numbers, etc) then you could do this, but the two sites would be identical so there wouldn't be much point in running two separate sites.
  • Thank you for the reply. But the two DB have different data. Think about like a parent bureau and a child bureau. They both have their own tickets (different data). I just want to modify the transfer function so the tickets which are transferred from the child bureau can be displayed on the parent bureau site (I created a new tab called "transferred" on the parent bureau site to show the tickets transferred from the child bureau). Once the tickets get transferred, they can be seen by both ends and the parent bureau will have the access to modify the transferred tickets. I hope this is clear though. Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks a lot! 
  • If you wanted to work out a way to merge the two databases into a single database (and figure out what to do with matching ticket numbers, etc) then you could do this, but the two sites would be identical so there wouldn't be much point in running two separate sites.
  • You could do it with the api, or by adding the other system as an agent in the first etc, then when you assign a ticket to "Agent Parent Company" it actually makes a ticket in parent company's ticket system. Well, you can try it.