Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Tabs and Exports

Hello OsTicket community.

I've been reading a lot of posts here lately, to see if this topic has been touched, but i think it has not.
If so sorry for the double posting.

We are using OsTicket a bit different then others :) this is because we like to spoil our customers a little......

The customer sends back the goods if there is a need for support, or The customer calls in and the secretary creates a ticket with the name and email of the sales agent and fills in the name of the customer in another field, a "Custom Field" called "Customer / Installer"

The result of this is that in the FROM field in the "My Tickets" section we see the name of the Sales agent, and not the Customer / Installer.
I've been trying to educate people to do it different, but i pulled the shortest straw and it is how it is.

My Question is: Is it possible to instead show FROM there show CUSTOMER and make it show the data from the customer field i have created.
what file do i edit, is it safe to edit.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Question:
When exporting the data, there is simply to much information in the file.
I had a look at the class.export.php and i saw that i could change (remove) some options there, can that be done without breaking the core.

Regards Jorrit.
Thank's in advance for your help

Comments

• Hi all.

I know that there are some GODS in here that can tell me what to do :)
    Please support me in resolving this issue.

Regards Jorrit
  • There is no way to do this in the UI.  Staff will have too open the ticket in the name of the customer (User) like they should.

• Hello Ntozier.

That was half the answer :) thanks for your reply. 
    I thought that would be the case, i will have to educate them with a pole instead of with Silk Gloves.

Please answer me the Export questions as well, 

Regards J
  • As an answer to the second question there should be no problem modifying the export function if you do it correctly :), I can't think of anything on the top of my head that would break from you removing a field except the export function itself so it should be obvious if it's not working.