Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Email won't fetch

My osTicket (v1.10.1) won't fetch mail via cron. 

Current settings cronjob on same server (works) to start /api/cron.php (works). 

This gives the error:

PHP Warning:  base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons in /var/www/vhosts/********/******/include/class.crypto.php on line 112

It will try and get the mail but does not work "Error: IMAP Authentication cancelled" which makes sense as it can't decode the password.

I have a separate PHP.ini (php v5.4.36) file that has base64_decode active (or actually it is not on the disallowed list). In a php test file the base64_decode function does not work. However I am able to send mail via the SMTP. I'm guessing the password is stored in the same way so it is able to decode the passwords? 

What can I do to get the base64_decode working on this shared server. Is there an other php.ini setting I am missing?   

• I googled your error and this was the first hit:

My guess is that your hosting provider or webserver is blocking the php function some how from being executed and resulting in that error.  You will need to either: have your hosting provider / webserver not block it, or find another hosting provider.
  • edited December 2017
    thank, I have, their responds is it's not blocked. They created a seperate php.ini file for my server which does not have the function on the disables list. 
  • Yes but you went on to say "In a php test file the base64_decode function does not work." so since it's "not blocked" and still not working. I'm not sure that would I believe them that its not blocked.
  • You need to make sure your cli script uses the same php.ini settings as your web site. They might have only unblocked the webserver's php.ini.
  • @Grizly, yes. That was it. The command line interface of PHP was still using the old PHP.ini file. That was changed and mail is coming in. 
  • Excellent.  Should I close this thread and mark it resolved then?