Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Problem in adding new custom list in ticket form.

This is my osTicket version: "System Settings and Preferences — osTicket (v1.10)"

I would like to ask why I cannot display my module drop-down list in the ticket form?

Here are my steps that I already did in order to display module drop-down list.

1. Admin panel > Manage > List > Add New Custom List
2. Fill in all details required in the definition tab and properties tab.
3. Click add list.
4. Admin panel > Manage > Forms > Ticket Details.
5. Add new label called 'Module' and arrange it at the top of 'Issue Summary' label.
6. Click save changes.

Then, I went to ticket form in agent panel, there is no 'Module' field appeared in that form. So, what should I do? Is there any step that I miss? or do I need to change add anything at backend code?

• Uh sorry. Forget to tell.

Type that I put for label 'Module' is 'Modules' which will reflect to the custom list module. And the variables is 'modules'.
  • "Then, I went to ticket form in agent panel, , there is no 'Module' field appeared in that form."

There is nothing called "ticket form" in the agent panel.  And if there was... why would a list (which is not a form) appear in it?

So, what should I do?"
    Open a ticket?  

"Is there any step that I miss?"
    No?  You added a new field to Ticket Details.  Assuming the visibility of the field is set all future tickets that are opened will have the new field.

"or do I need to change add anything at backend code?"
    Generally speaking you should never have change anything in the core files (aka what you call the "backend code")
  • Okay. I got it. Thank you!